Focus Toolkit – Free Udemy Courses
Tools to support your well-being in day-to-day life by bringing together mindfulness and cognitive behavioural therapy.
What you’ll learn
Focus Toolkit – Free Udemy Courses
- Develop the ability to notice emotions in daily life and process them as they occur.
- Enhance the skill of active listening
- Gain the ability to be calm when under stress
- Learn how to observe thoughts as you go about your life
- Refine the skill of observing the world through the senses
- Improve concentration by learning how to consciously move attention between focusing on sensations from the surrounding world and in the body, and thoughts in the mind
- A computer or mobile device with an Internet connection is all that’s necessary to take this course.
- You don’t need any prior knowledge of psychology or mindfulness
This video course taught by Sam O’Sullivan, Clinical Psychologist, brings together the scientifically proven methods of mindfulness and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) to equip you with tools to improve your well-being in day-to-day life. Lectures are designed to make the unnecessarily complicated ideas behind these methods easy to understand, so you quickly experience benefits in applying them.
This course is about learning how to apply the methods in action, such as during a conversation or rock climbing, which differs from more traditional meditation approaches that generally involve sitting practices. The mindfulness aspect guides you to develop the necessary skills to focus on tasks at hand with a calm state of mind, while the CBT aspect teaches you to effectively use your mind when you choose to do so.
You will go on a journey with Sam through your awareness as you explore the wild outdoors of New Zealand in beautifully shot instructional videos, from Waiheke Island to Fox Glacier.
Contents and overview
- Introduction to Sam and an overview of the course.
- The main ideas behind mindfulness and cognitive behavior therapy.
- Learn the skill of maintaining your attention on one aspect of your experience at a time:
- Sensing your surrounding world.
- The different physical sensations in your body
- Thoughts in your mind
- Applying a feeling of calm when you are focusing your attention.
- Applying the method of calmly focusing your attention on the different points of focus while going about activities and situations.
- The focus toolkit is for someone looking for a practical course, which can immediately improve their well-being.
- The course is designed for those who are interested in mindfulness and want a technique that they can apply in their day-to-day lives.
- The course is ideal for beginners or for those wanting to help others by teaching basic mindfulness and CBT skills.
- Students should have an interest in self-development and personal growth.
- The course is ideal for new managers/leaders who are struggling to communicate effectively with people in their organizations.
- The course is useful to therapists who want a practical course for their clients.
- The focus toolkit is not designed to be therapeutic for significant health problems so if you have any concerns in this regard then it is recommended that you speak to a suitably qualified health practitioner.
Who this course is for:
- Someone who would like an introduction to psychological tools in everyday language
- Someone who is struggling to focus
- Someone who wants to improve their wellbeing
- Someone who is struggling to listen in conversation
- Someone who is working in a team where communication is important
- Someone who is struggling with anxiety
- Someone who is struggling with circular thinking
- Someone who is stressed
- Someone who struggles with anger management
- Someone who wants to learn to meditate while doing activities
- A beginner wanting to apply mindfulness and cognitive behavioral therapy (i.e psychological tools) to their life