Fee udemy courses
Create a fast-paced, competitive multiplayer shooter in Unreal Engine 5 using C++!
Unreal Engine 5 C++ Multiplayer Shooter
What you’ll learn
- Connecting players across the internet with matchmaking sessions
- Creating a plugin to convert any Unreal Engine project to multiplayer
- Program multiplayer matchmaking in Unreal Engine
- Learn replication techniques for fast-paced, competitive shooter games
- Optimize network code by minimizing bandwidth and maximizing performance
- Lag compensation techniques for multiplayer including client-side prediction and server-side rewind
- Multiple weapons including pistols, SMGs, assault rifles, shotguns, sniper rifles, rocket launcher, grenade launchers, and throwing grenades
- Pickups including shields, health, speed buffs, jump buffs, and ammo pickups
- Crouching, aiming, jumping, strafing, reloading, and throwing, all in multiplayer
- Working HUD with health and shield bars, ammo count, score and defeats, and game timers
- Custom game modes, custom match states, and use of the core classes used in multiplayer
- Learn how the Game Mode, Game State, Player State, Player Controller, Pawn, Character, and Actor classes work in multiplayer
- Create your own subsystem to manage online sessions
- Learn about the Unreal Engine Online Subsystem and use it to program multiplayer games using any online service such as Steam
- Display announcements including: Who eliminated who, who won the game, winning teams, countdown timers
- Custom Match States: Fly around in the warmup stage, display winners in the cooldown stage
- C++ basic knowledge (variables, functions, pointers, classes)
- At least some experience in Unreal Engine – creation of components, functions, and Blueprints (take one of my other courses!)
Over 64 hours of content!
Learn all about Unreal Engine multiplayer in this fully comprehensive C++ course. From scratch, we create a complete multiplayer shooter game, capable of creating and joining game sessions and connecting many players across the internet.
We’ll create our very own custom plugin that can be added to any Unreal Engine project to easily turn it into a multiplayer game – Unreal Engine 5 C++ Multiplayer Shooter
We learn how to optimize our game for the best performance, as competitive shooters require the highest performance possible. We’ll implement lag compensation techniques such as client-side prediction and server-side rewind, so the game performs smoothly even in the presence of high lag!
We learn how to use the proper game classes for each multiplayer mechanic. Custom match states, warmup/cooldown match timers, Elim announcements, HUD with health, shields, ammo and grenades, and more!
We keep all important functionality on the server, to prevent cheating, and learn the proper way to use the Player Controller, Game Mode, Game State, Player State, Character and Game Instance classes.
We make assault rifles, pistols, submachine guns, rocket launchers, grenade launchers, sniper rifles and throwing grenades! All functional in multiplayer, optimized for best performance.
After this course, you’ll be able to create any multiplayer game you want. If you can do a fast-paced shooter well, you can do any game, because fast-paced, competitive games require the best performance possible.
Who this course is for:
- Those who wish to make multiplayer games
- Those who wish to convert their existing projects to multiplayer
- Those who want to make a competitive multiplayer game
- Those who wish to learn about multiplayer gameplay programming
- Those who wish to learn about optimization of multiplayer games
- Those who wish to learn about lag compensation techniques used by AAA shooter games
- Those who wish to learn Unreal Engine’s multiplayer code base so they can make any multiplayer game they want
Fee udemy courses